Anti Relativity

Relativism seems to be a big bugaboo for Pope Benedict XVI. I'm not sure what he means by that, but I was briefly tempted to try write a humorous post where angry Catholic protesters picket Relativity conventions, or maybe fanatical RC suicide bombers crash their cars into Cosmology Caravans. Unfortunately, it's too sick and too real to be funny.

So what is the Pope really upset about? To me his real concern is people no longer believing that the Church has a monopoly pipeline to God. That's always the crucial issue, especially for the Catholic Church. Don't bother to read your Bible, Catholics have been told, we will tell you what to believe.

I wouldn't want to shut up before I do a little Protestant bashing too, though. Anybody know how much money Dobson, Robertson, and other evangelical leaders have tapped thier flocks for? I have no idea, but my guess is that they aren't living like monks. My suspicion is that not many could slip that camel through the eye of Christ's needle.

UPDATE: This site by a former associate has some info on how Dobson has worked the Christian Money Machine to become a multi-millionaire. I am pretty sure no camel that fat could ever slip through the eye of the needle. (Mark 10:24). To be sure, Mark does cite a loophole - my guess is that that verse was a later addition.

Comments

  1. Anonymous5:10 PM

    Hey, if you really want something to bash, go check out www.anti-relativity.com

    Looks right up the pope's alley!

    (though I think he more likely meant moral relativity than the actual theroy in physics)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Libertarian: re-post

Uneasy Lies The Head

Book Review: Anaximander By Carlo Rovelli