Love your enemies...

...says the Lord, as quoted in Luke 6:35 and Matthew 5:44. This is a moral duty for Christians, but it can also be a strategy - "keep your enemies close" (Sun Tzu in The Art of War and also Al Pacino in The Godfather II). Nobody has used that strategy better than Bill Clinton. Matt Drudge quotes Clinton on George H. W. from the CBS Late Show
Clinton, "I think we're good friends. I like him very much. I've always liked him. When he was vice president, I was still a governor. We worked together on a number of things. He hosted the governors, in 1983...at Kennebunkport."

When they made an announcement about raising funds for Tsunami relief in Houston former First Lady Barbara Bush "announced us. And she said she has started to call me son. I told the Republicans there, I said don't worry, every family has one, you know, the black sheep. I told them, this just shows you the lengths the Bushes would go to get another president in the family. I wish I could get them to adopt Hillary."
Clinton is still our wittiest politician.

However, it's pretty hard not to demonize your opponent when he is deploying the Swift Boat Liars, Ann Coulter, and all those other people with the 666 printed on their foreheads, but maybe we need to try.

So here's the question: How do you nicely point out that your opponents are 1)Stealing the country blind (e.g. Duke Cunningham, Tom Delay, CheneyBurton), 2)Getting a lot of American soldiers killed and maimed for nothing, 3)Trying to impose a police state here, 4)Wrecking the economy with huge deficits, 5)Embarrassing the nation with their inarticulate ignorance, 6)Lying about almost everything.

Any useful suggestions would be appreciated. XOXO to Bush, Cheney, Scalia, Rumsfeld, Bill O'Reilly, Rush, and the gang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Libertarian: re-post

Uneasy Lies The Head

We Call it Soccer