Harry Potter 7

Since Stoat has already reported on Harry Potter 7 (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows) reviews at Amazon UK, I too wanted to get my review in the queue before the book is actually published, and hereby post it.
HP&TDP is truly a fitting conclusion to Jo Rowling's epic fantasy. Some critics have been less than kind, and the book banners have been out in force, but I say fie on the naysayers.

I suppose that it's not entirely surprising that the Vatican took exception to the depiction of the archvillian of the series as Pope Voldo I, or that the more fastidious moralists were upset by the explicit depictions of elf sex (snogging and other British diversions). I confess that even I was a bit non-plussed by the 183 page chapter devoted to a goblin - nevermind.

More upsetting to hard core fans, no doubt, was the gruesome execution of Harry and the entire Weasley family (except for Ginny's (and Harry's) young daughter, Marry, who improbably survived Goyle's Avada Kadavera curse.)

Only the hardest hearted fans were disappointed when Sirius Black and Albus Dumbledore sauntered out from behind the veil in the department of mysteries, though of course we were a bit saddened by the fact that this event destroyed the same, hiding all the other inhabitants of the world beyond in "death's dateless night."

This stupid software only allows me to give the book five stars, rather than the well-deserved 10^350, so I have resolved to devote the rest of my career to posting five star reviews of HP&TDH.

PS - This review only applies to the UK edition. Rumor has it that the more gratuitous sex and violence will be cut from the US edition.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Libertarian: re-post

Uneasy Lies The Head

We Call it Soccer