...the Savage Breast?

Chris Brown is a multi-genre singer whose career took a serious southward turn in June of 2009 when he pleaded guilty to felony assault on his girl friend and fellow singer Rihanna. He was rightly condemned for his actions, but the plot gets slightly thicker.

Rihanna was already a star, but she has since become even bigger. The oddity is that two of her monster hits have celebrated the pleasures of sado-machochism.

From "Love the Way You Lie:"

Just gonna stand there
And watch me burn
But that's alright
Because I like
The way it hurts
Just gonna stand there
And hear me cry
But that's alright
Because I love
The way you lie...

And from S&M:

Sticks and stones may break my bones
But chains and whips excite me

Now songs aren't necessarily autobiographical (and Rihanna didn't write them). And you shouldn't beat your girlfriend up just because she says (or sings) that she likes it - but it does cast a somewhat different light on Chris Brown.

Both songs, BTW, are incredibly catchy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Libertarian: re-post

Uneasy Lies The Head

We Call it Soccer