Duolingo

Well, I finished all the lessons in Duolingo, supposedly "mastering" all the topics.  I have also translated slightly less than 2000 web sentences.  There is no doubt that my ability to read Spanish has improved drastically, though hardly to the point of fluency in any sense.  Web translations are still usually brutally hard work, with frequent appeals to the dictionary.  I remain helpless at following real time Spanish conversations, in person or in the telenovela.  Needless to say, my speech production is pretty poor too.  Supposedly I have now learned 1400 and some words.

I took an online Spanish test and got "Advanced" ratings in everything but verbs (Intermediate), which remain a more or less impenetrable swamp to me.  I suppose I should study verbs more systematically, but am otherwise unsure where to go next.  Any thoughts?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Libertarian: re-post

Uneasy Lies The Head

We Call it Soccer