The Fire This Time

Lubos has a long, interesting post about black hole firewalls. I won't pretend to understand the details but the critical question seems to be whether the semi-classical quantum gravity is a good description at the horizon. As it happens, these kinds of ideas find me a sympathetic listener, since they go along well with my favorite crackpot idea: that black holes don't really exist.

There are lots of reasons for that notion being crackpot, like the experimental fact of black hole existence and several independent theoretical reasons, but what I really mean is that I don't believe in the singularity at BH centers or that horizons are likely to be non-special.

The Lumonator has links (see above) to the relevant papers as well as a few terse comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Libertarian: re-post

Uneasy Lies The Head

Book Review: Anaximander By Carlo Rovelli