Give it up Kip

A bit more than two years ago - OK, a bit less than two years and one month ago - I ordered Kip Thorne and Roger Blandford's Modern Classical Physics, based on their Caltech course. The price was right (a lot cheaper than today) and in those days I still imagined that I would learn some physics someday. It was due to be released in a couple of months.

Since that time, not one, not two, not five (OK I lost count) notices from Amazon of the "We are sorry, but the release of your book has been delayed" type. Anyway, I was modestly excited when I got a delivery date of Oct 13. I wasn't to dismayed by the later sorry but notice moving it back to late October.

Naturally, the latest one projects July 2017.

I mean, come on, Kip - this is classical physics - it shouldn't need to be updated every month or so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anti-Libertarian: re-post

Uneasy Lies The Head

Book Review: Anaximander By Carlo Rovelli